Monday, December 13, 2010

Low Sky



 Low Sky are a "sludge inspired hardcore punk" band from Greensboro, NC. I'd like to think of them as more of a Converge-inspired metallic hardcore band with a ton of post metal influence. Yes, posting that from my dimly lit basement gave me some sort of twisted satisfaction. Their newly released 7", Led Zeppelin House Show can easily be most easily compared to Neurosis' Times Of Grace, Converge's You Fail Me, and even a bit of Orchid (I'd list an Orchid record that sounds similar, but they all sound the same so you get the point. The record sounds great production wise and certainly achieves what it seems to have set out to be, but nothing more (I found the record isn't really doing anything new, but is still totally righteous).

Low Sky - Led Zeppelin House Show

No comments:

Post a Comment